View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #14
getmeon

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for all your advice. You guys have it right - I wanted advice from both 8900 and 9000 users, people with direct and intimate experience with each unit. Why would 9000 users come to the 8900 forum, and vice versa? Anyway.

After 5 AGONIZING days switching SIM cards and alternately charging each phone, I ended up choosing the 8900. It seems almost counterintuitive to choose the 'lower tech' option, and part of me will always like the Bold's screen size and 3G. But man oh man, when it comes down to it, I was looking for a cellular phone, which in my mind is a Portable Device. The Bold is simply a brick, in the pocket, lying in the hand, and while I clutched it during calls. In the end, I went with feel. LOL strange to say that, with all the other tech specs I could have used as deciding factors.

EDGE is honestly 'good enough'. Will I wait another 8-10 seconds for that NYTimes page to render? Yeah, sure. I'm cool with that. I won't be streaming video, tethering, or making video conf calls, so I think 3G is a bit much. I can run garmin GPS just fine.

Anyway LOL sorry, long post. It was just a tough call all around. I wasted a whole weekend basically swapping these two wonderful devices!
Offline   Reply With Quote