Old 12-08-2005, 05:05 AM   #20
MooseBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekNJ
I think we need some info that would determine if the unit has anything to do with it. Before we all spend the time swapping units and the problem persisits, it would helpful to know if there's someone in the area that never had the issue, or had the issue, swapped a phone and now is working fine.

So I know this started in the NYC thread, but is anyone in NYC working properly? Especially if you had a prev phone with EV service or someone around you has one, are you in/out of EV the same as you used to be or the other phone is? Are you dropping to 1x now where you used to not drop below 1X?

To me dropping to 1x is the biggest issue.
I live in Rockland County (NY) and my 7130 constantly drops out of EV and then returns. I also have an E815 and that stays in EV all the time. Side be side, the 7130 fluctuates while the 815 remains in EV. I called data support tonight regarding this, got to level two, and they asked me to drive around for a couple of days and check it in different areas and then report back to level 3 with my results...isn't that their job? What sucks is I also got the 8700 a couple of days before, it's always 5 bars in EDGE, but, no software I loaded in it works (IM+, BB Mess, etc) and it has the dust problem. I should probably just stick with my 7100i. Works great, works in some places my VZW doesn't (Poconos) and all the software works as well. I just really wanted to tether to my laptop and drop my aircard service.