Thread: BES and E14
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Korbyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus

MarkF, have you heard anything more from your RIM TAM in the last couple months? Last time I chatted with anyone related to RIM was that internally they were still on Exchange 2003.

In regards to dc/dc, beta was released, at least to those involved in TAPS and Ignite, heck, even Symantec is working to make Enterprise Vault supported with Exchange 2010. I would sure hate for RIM to be embarressed by Symantec and not have a functional support with the beta programs of Exchange 2010, expecially considering the mobile enhancements to ActiveSync as well as a Mobile Device Manager 2008 available to managed them, all RIM is going to have is a better security model, and fewer people are caring about opening up the 443 port.

I'm really hoping someone from RIM is reading this, people were able to patiently wait for E2007 support, most were off E2000 when it came out anyway. But a lot, I believe the number is +60% are still on 2003, but will be going into extended support once 2010 comes out, and they're going to want to skip 2007.
Offline   Reply With Quote