stevenmz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by limdavid View Post
BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.1.110
Multi Language
From Sprint; This will load to any carrier's 9630.

Software For BlackBerry® Tour (TM) 9630 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.1.110 (MultiLanguage)

Package Version: 4.7.1.110
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.1.57
* Software Platform: 4.1.0.70
* File name: 9630AMEA_PBr4.7.1_rel110_PL4.1.0.70_A4.7.1.57_Spri nt_L.P.exe
* File size: 102.155 MB

Download here:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the AppLoader says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

Previous OS release:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-eastasia.html
I am currently running v4.7.1.53 (platform 4.1.0.65) and am unable to load this OS. I have installed OS upgrades in the past and am sure I have followed all of the steps. When I click on apploader file, the only software that shows up in the 'application window' are my apps, but no OS. I've tried several times. I hope I am missing the obvious. Is my current OS newer than this update? Am I misreading the version numbers? Thanks for any help.