View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Let it charge solid off the wall outlet for 16 hours and the battery should be great. I've been using my a lot as it's brand new and I am having a good ol time with it. So I'm not really a good judge at this point. I stuck about 700 MP3s on it. Bought Wall Street Mobile subscription, and I have been typing away like crazy. I've killed off a quarter of the batter and so I plugged it in. I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro head set. I talked on that with the storm for 2 hours just a while ago and that was part of that drain I had.

Someone in one forum had an issue with WiFi on his Belkin router. Myself and other both chimed in that we're good. Oddly both of us use the same router, which is a LinkSys G router.

I had an 8310 from AT&T before switching to the Tour on Verizon. So I know your keyboard very well. You have 3 options here on the Storm 2. Full portrait, full landscape, or the one with the two letters on each key. I very highly recommend the one with two letters on each key.

The trick is to forget that there are two letters on the key about 95% of the time. Don't tap it once or twice to get the left or right letter. Just type whatever you want. RIM's got a 35,000 word dictionary that will compare the keystrokes and figure it out extremely well. Seriously, even if it starts off with the wrong letter, just ignore it and type away. It will figure it out. I'd say I might have to change a letter or two in an entire email. And the more you use it, the faster you will get at fixing that. At this point for me, it's almost entirely muscle memory. So much so I plan on strolling into work on Monday and banging out an email as I always do in meetings and watching the jaws of everyone else drop to floor. I am greased lighting on this. If I even tried to type this fast on my tour the text wouldn't make sense even to me.

Seriously, stick with the two letter key for a day. Just open the notepad and start typing away. Ignore that there are two letters and just get your figures used to this. There are only 5 keys from left to right and 4 keys from top to bottom with this setup. And that makes hitting the key incredibly easy and fast. With the quad sensor pads under the screen, you're going to see that very little force is needed and the key presses are perfectly even. Like a car that is 50/50 weight distribution front to back, this is quad distribution on all sides. Your wife will immediately get it. Tell her to be more gentle with it.

You know how typing long emails in tiny keys can leave you with extra adrenaline? You have to shake it off almost... Not here. You can bang out a long email and you'll be okay with it. This keyboard is amazing.

So Wifi; my experience is perfect.
Battery, I'll let you know when I can put this thing down for 5 minutes like a normal adult. Right now, I'm that kid on Christmas eve with a new fire truck and lot's of extra batteries.
Offline   Reply With Quote