Old 11-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #63
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor464 View Post
Ok...here's my conclusion. The reason that this build won't run properly on At&t is due to a service book issue. As soon as the device boots, it reads the SIM card, obviously. Now when it reads what network the SIM is for, ie AT&T/Cingular, it injects service books for that carrier. At that point when it loads the service books, the device reboots due to some error. When the device boots again, it reads those injected service books and errors again. At that point the device is stuck in a continuous reboot loop.

Even if I could find a way to prevent the service books from being injected in the first place, the moment the network is initialized, service books will be downloaded. Thus throwing the device into another reboot loop.

I may keep messing with it, and find some solution, but as of right now...wer are just going to have to wait for another build...
Wow, that's pretty cool dude. U remind me of me when I was like 18 some 12 years go, lol. Glad to see someone with that much commitment and drive. Kinda giving me flashbacks actually, LOL. Anyway, I was gonna copy and paste ur conclusion over to crackberry and into their 5.0.0.348 thread so to give some of the at&t users....temporary closure until a fixed build comes out. But thought I'd ask ur permission first.
Offline   Reply With Quote