Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
jzachlee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: M1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstone001 View Post
It took three calls to Verizon to get instructions as simple as "move the SIM card from the old phone to the new one." In fact, when I purchased the phone and on my first trip to a Verizon store, I was told not to switch SIM cards because one of the bonuses of the Tour was that it came with a SIM card and a memory card.
The SIM card is the thing that identifies you (via your phone number) on the network, regardless of what phone it is plugged into. So when you change phone, you'll need to swop the SIM. Unless VZN did a backend system switch of the SIM details to the SIM card provided with the Tour, then you will not need to put the old SIM card into your new Tour.

I have not once opened the manual provided with the Tour. I found all I needed to know through forums like this one. You will be surprised how much you can find out online. In fact, there are more to know and find out online than you will ever get through the manuals. RIM cannot possibly put everything down into a manual and ship it with the device, it'll probably be thick as a dictionary. Does Nokia, HTC or Apple do that? Don't think so too.