View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
TimW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I had a TMO 8320 Curve that finally died (got it when they first came out)..it froze 3-4 times a day and just went wonky.

So, I am currently in day 4 of my 30-days on a Droid. After I figured out the contact/calendar/email synch issues (via Gmail), I stopped wanting to launch the phone through a window, and now can give it a real test-run.

But I am still very much on the fence, meaning that if in the next week the Droid doesn't wow me, and survives the week (trade show in Las Vegas) w/o hiccup, I may be coming back to a BB.

Then...what kind?

I was thinking of the VZW Storm2. Buddy has one from work, likes it. I like the BB platform, as it does what I need it to do...Droid now can, but has extras going for it (browser kicks BB's butt).

If I do go back to the BB platform, it'll be on VZW...so Storm 2 or Tour? Tour sort of replicates the Curve, trackball included (which I like). Storm has a much nicer, and larger, screen, and onscreen typing is find now that I've had a chance with teh Droid.

But some concerns on the Storm2....I see thread after thread of people having problems, requiring them to pull the battery, leaky memories, dropped calls, freeze-ups...NONE of which happened with my TMO Curve.

What gives? I really would prefer the Storm to the Tour, but not at the expense of it, oh I don't know, actually working.

Am I being overly concerned, or is the Storm still not finished baking yet...similar to the Droid?