View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #46
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondinga View Post
I'm sorry some of you are gay butt hurt about me saying something negative about RIM/ Blackberry. The point here is to be constructive.
No need to use offensive statements.

Quote:
Just to nip this one in the butt, let me me make it very clear. Security IS VERY IMPORTANT. So enough about that, since that is not the point I am trying to make.
That's funny, your original post stated that security doesn't matter. It's all about the coolness factor and multimedia. Do I need to quote you on that AGAIN?!

Quote:
The point is that if Apple makes a device that is equal to the Blackberry in a corporate environment (including security) and meets all of your business needs, but also has the multimedia features that the iPhone currently has, what would stop people from switching?
iPhone is equal to BlackBerry in security?! Please. Show me where they are equal.

Quote:
- Outlook / Exchange? Currently the only issues we experience are some calendar syncronization issues with the iPhone and Outlook
Not ever organization uses outlook. have you heard of Lotus Notes or Novell GroupWise? Try finding a good solution for synching an iPhone with GroupWise. There are solutions available, but they are far from perfect.

Quote:
- Policies / Device Mangement? We can apply policies to the iPhone, including password restrictions and remote device wiping
I haven't used the ActiveSync policies so I am not sure how they can compare to the BES policies, but I would imagine that the advantage would go to BES.

Quote:
- Pin to Pin messaging / Blackberry Messenger? This is a big issue for me personally, but most people in our corporate environment don't use Blackberry messenger or pin to pin messaging, but we do have some top level exectutives who travel internationally. It is much more cost effective to get international Blackberry service for the purpose of receiving e-mail while abroad.
The BES can send PIN messages to the devices and communicate that way. This can be very useful if you're experiencing issues with the mail servers and need to alert the BB users of the issue.

Quote:
One last item to mention, we have a marketing department with ~ 75 employees, of who 15 are iPhone users. The remaining users are Blackberry uers. In the longterm, all 75 users will be on iPhones. The reason for this move to iPhone is because they are able to use their iPhones as sales and marketing tools. The browser functionality and Facebook integration is much better than on the Blackberry. Our marketing department provides many services to customers, via direct marketing, website design, print, and social media. They are also very successful at what they do.

That's great. I am glad it suits your marketing department's needs. However, that doesn't mean it suits everyone's needs. What part of that don't you understand? To each their own. Your millage may vary, etc...

Quote:
What does this mean? This means that 1/5th of our 500 smart phones users will be on the iPhone. Blackberry will still continue to be our primary device, but you can bet your bottom dollar that users won'tbe giving up their iPhones for Blackberry's.
1/5 iPhone to 4/5 BlackBerry. Yeah, they are going down. Just because the iPhone works well for your business, again, that doesn't mean it suits everyone's needs.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 01-20-2010 at 04:44 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote