Old 01-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #24
TreeDude
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPn4S
PIN: 76E5A626
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblueberry View Post
What if they hacked into the wireless network?

BES is fine but it is not the 'end all to be all' when it comes to wireless security. My ISP is all over this plus I got a land line heh heh...

Also, I'm not going anywhere as it is important to let people know that many employers DO monitor the private email accounts, blackberries, and personal computers without the employee's consent or knowledge; then make decisions based upon that information. The careers and lives of many many people have been detrimentally affected by this activity which is quite difficult to prove.

My question to you is this: If you found out your employer was accessing your blackberry without your knowledge or permission, what would you do?
Well the blackberry I have is corporate owned. So it is cool by me. Plus if they were accessing my berry, I would know, because I am the BES admin. We actually tried to get Verizon to give us the browsing history of a terminated employee once, but they told us don't collect and store that data (could be BS, but who knows).

You make it sound like the wireless companies are constantly being hacked into and monitored so corporations can gather data on employees. This is false. Wireless companies work very hard to remain secure and when they are breached, everyone finds out (because it makes for good news reports). Not to mention that what your talking about is illegal and no company is going to risk illegal activity just to gather data on some employee they could just fire and be done with.

BES was decommissioned. Currently using iPhones with Lotus Notes Traveler 9.0.
Offline   Reply With Quote