Thread: 9550 vs 9520
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
KADIOGLU

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default 9550 vs. 9520

I looked at the specs of both phones on Blackberry's site and they seem to be identical. Both have CDMA available even though it makes no sense for the phones offered by Vodafone to have this capability - unless they have a roaming agreement with Verizon in the US. I know that neither model will support 3G on GSM based service providers while in the US. However, if you have a US carrier sim card and are roaming in Europe with it, it is likely that you will get a 3G signal. I wish the 9520 was a dedicated GSM phone without any of the built in and redundant CDMA contraption within the unit... Unfortunately only the 9700 (BOLD2) supports global 3G on GSM carriers and I say unfortunate due to it's being one of the highest radiation emitting phones according to EWG. I can't stand the small screen of my new 9700 and the fact that it crashes with the infamous "APP ERROR 523 - RESET" message every day. I wish the folks at BBerry soon introduce a Storm model with signal capability that is similar to the Bold2.
Offline   Reply With Quote