Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
please come off the high horse. this county was founded on a new way of life, freedom etc. there was no right way to enter, people are pissed cause first they wanted govt support and now want a way to cut it down. period.

i'd take the illegals coming into this county working every day, scavenging for work vs the "legal" ones who come here are 55+ and are automatically given gov't housing, foodstamps, and social security.

spare me this nonsense of closing boarders.

the funny part is 90% of jobs these illegals do, no citizen wants to do them.... lol.

i have no problems with illegals that come here, work, contribute to society for them to get a better way of life. i have a problem with the "legal" ones who come here and just mooch.

where are those numbers? oh who cares they have a piece of paper....

as for the law, its racial profiling on a very large scale, this goes back to what? slavery where anybody not white was a slave.... property.
OK, so I said the my previous post was my last, but I cannot let this pass.

Yes, this country was founded on a new way - freedom. But we still have laws. Without laws, there is no freedom, only anarchy. There have been laws and requirements for immigration since 1924. It needs to be so. However, over the years, the "caps" have been modified to reflect a growing desire to emigrate to the USA.

The majority of people who want to come to this country are looking for "the American dream", and I find no fault in their desire to improve their lot in life. We must, however, control the influx. The vast majority of those coming to this country as immigrants are SEEKING jobs, but very few already HAVE jobs when they get here. The result? Government assistance programs are stressed. This stress on the system is caused by ALL age groups - babies, children, teens, young adults, middle-aged and seniors. If they can't provide for themselves, the government has to do the job for them. We're already running obscene budget deficits, and the influx of unfettered immigration puts an enormous strain on an a system already beyond the breaking point. To imply that only the 55+ immigrants (legal or otherwise) are sucking government resources is just plain wrong.

I have seen statements alluding to the illegal aliens doing jobs that no one else will do floating around for years, but it simply is not true. The issue really is that they are forced to work for below minimum wage jobs BECAUSE they are here illegally, and are prone to being taken advantage of. They are forced to live "underground", in the shadows of society because of their fear of ICE. The result of this is that employers who break the law to hire them, also pay them far less than they are worth, and pocket the profits that they earn on the back of these people. The majority of illegal aliens send the money that they do earn out of the country to their families, resulting on a negative effect on the US ecomony.

However, there is a disproportionate level of crime committed by these illegal aliens. The latest study from the Maricopa County Attorney's Office reports that 21.8% of Arizona's convicted felons are in the U.S. illegally; 18.5% of all Arizona property crimes are committed by illegal aliens; and that 15% of the inmates in the Maricopa county jails are illegally in the country; 9% of Maricopa county "residents" and 8% of Arizona "residents" are in the country illegally. (source: Undocumented immigrants causing more crime than citizens? - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com).

I have already stated that 3 Phoenix police officers have been gunned down by illegal aliens - one of which had been deported 3 times and was back again to kill a police officer. The news reports are full of stories of "drop houses" being discovered and raided on a daily basis. In case you didn't know, a "drop house" is a place where human smugglers hold their "cargo" for ransom and extortion after having brought them illegally into the country. A typical drop house will hold between 15 and 50 people (who have already paid upwards of $1000 USD to smuggle them into the US) as hostages and the "coyotes" (smugglers) demand additional money from their families to free them.

Closing the border is NOT nonsense. It's the only way to protect the sovereignty of the USA and to reduce the criminal activity associated with illegal immigration.

Now, I have voiced my opinion, and am done with this topic.
Offline   Reply With Quote