View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
BB1877
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

I'm not using BBET for a large number of users, only about 100. It's taking about 12 minutes each, but I am going from a USA server to one in Belgium over a MPLS link. You have to just let it cook...it appears to hang or quit responding, but it actually working. I'm doing it in small batches. Trying to do a large number of users with it would scare me from what I've seen.

I had it completely hang once, but luckily it was between users, so I had a couple users that were moved okay, and the remaining just had to be run again.

I've also run into a bug whereby once the migration is complete, the user's OTA address book sync is broken. (Notes environment...the properties for address book sync which should show the mail server won't even display in the BES interface, it throws an error...I hate the new web interface but that's a different post).

The solution has been to drop the user off the 5.0.1 destination BES, readd them, and EA. If I add a user fresh to the 5.0.1 BES, the address book sync works properly. RIM can't track it down and is likely related to our mixed Notes environment (source BES is 6.5, destination, 8.5).

These multiple steps aren't as clean as I'd like of course, but beats the alternative which would require a handset wipe. At least BBET is getting the user to the new BES.
Offline   Reply With Quote