View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #48
hemanth_h

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul89 View Post
Thanks a lot Emmanuel & Mark to come up with excellent thread .

I tried for long hours to connect with Old version of Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 but I could not get any success. I was having issues in querying Soft Modem Finally I uninstalled the Old version, downloaded latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 from the parent site and you would be suprised that I got an inbuilt option in Desktop Manager to use Blackberry 8520 as an IP Modem!! I configured the modem settings to choose Bharti (Airtel) as my service provider, disabled LCP extensions. Also I enabled and APN settings on under Menu --> Options --> Advanced Options --> TCP/IP. I also mentioned the APN as airtelgprs.com. I tried connecting initially from Desktop Manager and I got connected.

Later on I changed Modem Speed by clicking on Dial-up Icon and General --> Selecting Modem --> Configure --> Selecting Max. speed as 921600 bps. This also worked and I was able to connect at a better speed than 115200 bps. Not sure whether this is just an assumption but my organization's home page opened up comparatively faster after changing the settings!!
yeh are you getting charged for browsin on the system

Last edited by hemanth_h; 08-03-2010 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Offline   Reply With Quote