View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Except for very, very good, battery life, I don't really know what I would like to see because I don't know what is reasonable to expect?

I do expect it will be closer to a blackberry in concept than what I think of as a computer in terms of PC hardware running some flavor of windows. But if it is not much more than a big blackberry, I'll pass.

If it is nothing more than an entertainment appliance, an e-reader with more, I'll pass.

Flash support in the browser would be nice, but that's not a big deal for me.

I guess it will have the doc's to go package installed free or available at a very low price.

I hope it has standard hardware interfaces. For example USB. And will it support the USB thumb drives? Will there be drivers for external USB hard drivers and external USB CD/DVD reader/writers and such? . . . Or will I care?

Camera, front or rear, two cameras . . . I don't really care.

I'm expecting it to have, and I want it to have, wifi and bluetooth, and to be able to tether to the mobile network through the blackberry. I don't expect it to have -- and don't want it to have -- a mobile phone.

My main thing is carrying as little and as light when I travel. I quit carrying a laptop a long time ago, and I'd like to go smaller and lighter than a netbook. I want to have something to take notes, carry a library of doc's and pdf's, and be able to take notes, read/write/edit documents, send/receive emails, do a little browsing, and go at least all day on battery.