View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #37
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I think in many places were you can DL the OS's it has a disclaimer stating your carrier will not support you.

If the carrier has a way out they will take. Why doesn't the carrier want to support who knows, supposedly they test the OS's and decide what is good enough to be official, but it is nothing but the carrier word.

All the BlackBerry OS's come from RIM, these OS can be written by people outside RIM. Hybrids simply mix/match CODs.

Each OS is written for a specific model in mind, so you can not install an 8530 OS on the 8330.

As far as where these leaks come from, who really know. I do believe they are leaked by someone.

But in all seriousness, installing OS's not released by carrier is not supported, it's been a long standing rule so I wouldn't bother getting upset by that. Just downgrade and bring it back.

I've had to bring a BlackBerry back to VZW once, I downgraded it prior to avoid any issues.

Follow me on Twitter
Offline   Reply With Quote