Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #108
aygriffith
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C7D67D
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberryadmin View Post
Anyone out there on the T-Mobile network able to setup BIS e-mail?? I just want to know if it's working for anybody....Or if this is an issue for all T-Mobile users. My gut is telling me that it has something to do with the Carrier's support for OS6....Since T-Mobile doesn't have any OS6 devices released yet, it might not be officially supported just yet.
I'm running a 9700 on TMobile US and was able to get my BIS accounts back. But they were restored during a device restore using the Desktop Manager. I haven't tried (and will avoid now) deleting the yahoo mail account on the device.

I had a hell of a time with BES activation. BAS wouldn't even recognize the phone when it was plugged in. The only saving grace was the BES service books were on the 9700 and I was able to do an OTA activation even though I'm not provisioned for BES and haven't needed to be since I'm running in a BESx environment.

I really do like the device alot better with 6.0. Some pre-configured reports in emails I get look a little different, for better and worse, but I will work with it and see if I can change the formatting. But overall the upgrade has been worth it.

I have a whole user community of mostly 9650's, I'm still hesitant for deploying the final 6.0 release to the users. It is a departure from the simple home screen with all your icons in 3.x through 5.0. I wish we could turn off the other tabs, it's just is something thats not necessary.

7510 > 7520 > 7100i > 8700c > 8800 > 8320 > 8310 > 9630 > 9700 > 9650
Offline   Reply With Quote