Old 02-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
fallis

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Default Email Restoration Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

I am new to these forums and from the looks of things you can all provide much better help than the knowledge base on the blackberry website.

I recently had a Curve 8530 reissued to me (because the screen stopped working). Before taking my device in I did a full back up on my desktop (using Version 6.0 of the Desktop Manager). When I got the new phone the guy said to just hook it up and restore it.

All of my contacts, BBM contacts and most settings were carried over, but none of the following works:
1) My emails will not be forwarded to my BlackBerry, and when I try to send it gives me this error:
"Message Status: Transaction error - failure at service"

2) My BlackBerry App World wont let me log in under my appropriate user name, only into my PayPal account.

3) None of my apps were restored, and since I can't login to my appropriate AppWorld account, I can not reinstall any of my apps, nor can I download new ones.

Please give me what advice you guys can. If you need any other technical information just let me know!

Thanks

Fallis

*Side note: When I enter the Setup Wizard and go to the Email sections, the only option it has is:
"Select an email setup option.
-I want to use a work email account with BlackBerry Enterprise Support"

And no other options are available. To also note, my data does work, I am able to use the browser and BBM*
Offline   Reply With Quote