walter_denver
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: 322A1538
Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA
Default Re: Bold 9650 OS 6 thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet303 View Post
I totally disagree with your statements regarding Wifi. I use 3 different Wifi networks in general (home, work, and friends house). All 3 networks pop up just fine, did not have to re-add anything from my OS5 configuration. I have not tried any "open" networks, but I can say that the WPA, WPA2 secured networks work just the same as OS5.

For what its worth, all my apps worked fine off the bat as well. I really don't use too many 3rd party apps (beweather, ip wizard, google maps).

The Wi-Fi networks connect to the device, but when trying to pull an actual page 2 error messages show:

unable to locate requested server

unable to connect to internet if problem persistes contact provider

"provider" (VZW) is clueless as usual.

If I turn off the Wi-Fi, internet works fine (on the VZW 3G signal), but I need Wi-Fi inside the buildings because signal is too weak.

Also... VZW does not allow the blackberry "Wi-Fi Preferred" menu option in the connections menu. VZW techs argue that no thing exists. But the same model phone on another carrier has that feature and its easy to find tech blogs that instruct the user to use this feature.

VZW also does not allow Wi-Fi calling.

As for the apps... I have had 4 different apps fail since the change from OS5 to OS6. And the craters of the apps have no immediate plans for new versions of the apps.

walter_denver
Denver, CO, USA
Verizon 9650
Offline   Reply With Quote