Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: I made the switch- Torch to Captivate: REAL Pros and Cons

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezam203 View Post
Is there a way to enable swipe on the Torch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andriver View Post
I did the reverse. I went from Bold to Captivate to Torch. The young man at AT&T convinced me to buy the Captivate. He showed all the cool features, swiping, etc. I was sold. When I started using it the newness wore off. I did not like the virtual keyboard. The biggest drawback for me was not being able to sync my contacts and calendar from Outlook. Yes there are apps you can buy that will take care of this but honestly it should have been part of the package to begin with.

The Captivate is a cool phone but it is geared more to entertainment than business.
Yeah I can agree with that statement 100%. If a business individual wanted entertainment I wouldn't think he'd turn to a cell phone

I used a BB for years as I stated above and I never once synced my phone with anything on a computer. I think its fair to say that if I'm not syncing my calendar and contacts day by day, it probably wasn't being used to its full advantage. With that being said, no wonder I haven't seen all the flaws or issues that most people go through when they switch between the two devices. Again, my lifestyle versus other BB users, obviously doesn't demand the features that only a BB can provide.
Offline   Reply With Quote