ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Default Re: Bridge Currently Not Supported By AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillia View Post
I myself do not buy that it is RIM's fault AT&T is so short sighted for its customers. What were they supposed to do wait until AT&T figured their end out? Does AT&T run the world? It is an issue. I agree. It is a serious over-sight on AT&T's end to not have it resolved (charge or not charge) before the launch of PlayBook but I don't see it as RIM's fault. The Carriers run their own show, RIM is their vendor and last time I checked it was pretty rare that any Vendor dictates to a customer. Just an opinion and only mine.
Apple and Microsoft just to name two. I happen to agree with you about this one though. Anyone who has had to deal with AT&T knows full well their shananigans. How could anyone even fault RIM for this? Of course the carrier is going to balk at helping their customers use something they do not receive a monthly charge for. If the 3G version of the Playbook had come out first f*cking AT&T would have pushed the Bridge app to everyone of their customer's Blackberries....lmao!!! More to the point, RIM had an update waiting for everyone and links were sent out telling people where they could download their version (if, for instance, their carrier refused to support it)
On the other hand, I can understand the frustration that some must feel about the 'way' the Playbook was......handled, but in the end that really shouldn't concern the average consumer. It was out when it was supposed to be, didn't have to ask for vacation time and camp out in front of a fruit store for a week to get one, and it's an amazing tablet! Period.