Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Playbook observations

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
My guess is you probably want to wait.

I am somewhat in your situation. I have been carrying a 10" WinXP netbook on travel. I am always trying to minimize what i carry, and I was hoping the PlayBook would take the netbook's place. For what I do, with Adobe Reader and the Doc's to Go apps on the PlayBook, I am going to try leaving the netbook home and see how it goes. But I know it is an experiment that may not work out. I want it to work, though, and I am going to suffer the learning curve and the PlayBook's current shortcomings as much as i can stand.

I do not believe there is anything you can do on the PlayBook that you cannot do on your netbook, with the exception of bridge to your BlackBerry. But the Bridge could be the feature that sells you on the PlayBook.
Well I hope that you experiment does work out for both of our sakes. Venturing a bit farther down the netbook replacement road, what if anything are you doing for a case/keyboard? In trying to work this out as a viable netbook replacement for my purposes I'd (1) need one of the combo case/BT keyboards setups. (2) Is there a version of MS Office available for the Playbook? I tend to use Word,Excel and Powerpoint on business trips and I can run MS Office on the netbook. Assuming that I can lick these two hurdles and they add in the capabilities that they appear to have left off this version, i.e. WiFi it should be all good.

EDIT:
I now see that it comes with the DOCS To GO suite preloaded and free. That takes care of my point #2. Now it sounds like I just have to locate a leathercase/BT keyboard setup and wait for them to work the bugs out, get more apps up and add in the obvious feature set that they left off this version.

Last edited by jabxyz; 04-27-2011 at 01:00 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote