View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Canada
Default Re: Should i buy a PB now or wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openmindedstudent View Post
I'm not that interested in 3G on the PB. Is that all? Personally that doesn't seem worth to me. Have any new updates come out at all? I hear a lot about glitches and problems but the machine looks amazing and is so fast and fluid. I love what I've seen.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
The last OS update seems to have improved some things about PB functionality, and new apps are coming out as mentioned [tho' whether many are very useful is another matter]. I suspect we'll see lots more apps and upgrades appear over the next few months.

My own beef has a lot to do with the availability of GOOD public wi-fi...most of the public points I've found are weak or seriously limited. It's VERY hard to find anyplace that allows downloads, and some places [Starbucks, seemingly] won't even let me go on Facebook. I can't find the software disk to set up wi-fi on my home router [never needed it before, so I left it disabled ] so it's a bit of a problem. But that's not the fault of the Playbook.

I'm not generally a bleeding-edge kind of guy, but I wanted a tablet, or a laptop or something more than my 9700 for mobile use. In general, I'm pleased with my PB, and I'm glad I didn't wait. AFAIK RIM isn't looking to release a new model PB in the foreseeable future [no iPad 2, IOW] so I'm not sure if there's anything to be gained by waiting...
Offline   Reply With Quote