View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #14
anar_baku
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: Bold 9900 and existing programs

For me Gmail has been a real annoyance since OS6 was launched and it looks like this hasn't changed with the release of OS7. I can't believe Google and BB still haven't worked together to sort out the bugs with Gmail to make them compatible with OS6/7. This has got to be one of the most popular apps out there given the number of Gmail users and it's shocking that it's not working properly (e.g. one of the most annoying bugs: try the Menu > Search function while in Gmail).

It's for this reason that Gmail doesn't even appear in BlackBerry Appworld when you try to search for it from your OS6/OS7 handset.

One of my biggest annoyances: BB realeased "BlackBerry Feedback Tool" as a small app that would allow for BB users to submit their feedback / issues straight from their handsets. Guess what - this app is not OS7 compliant - and to make matters worse, its developer is BlackBerry. I mean if BlackBerry can't be bothered to make their apps 9900 compatible, it's not surprising that 3rd parties are not either. This is a new handset, you would think that BB would be interested to get a lot of feedback from early adopters - but no, they don't bother to upgrade one chanel that would help facilitate this!
Offline   Reply With Quote