Old 10-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #17
asteele
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: My Bold 9900 has died 1 day after software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto68 View Post
It would be a lie to say that nothing was done to the 9900 but problem started the day after the update via desktop manager. It was working just fine before the update and now both are with the blinking light. \i have tried all ways to revive but no luck. I do have experience on this matter but no luck with these units
Wow - so mine died a day after a software update, and you are saying that you have one which also died a day after a software update - I wonder if there is a clue here - or if this is just a coincedence.

I have confident that the health of my PC (Win 7) and the USB port and cable are all fine.

I have backed up my numerous BB's on this machine many times without issue before.

When the BB started its constant 10 second reboot cycle, it was the middle of the night and it was fully charged and being charged on the mains charger - so it decided to "die" all on its own, it was not connected to anything other than a mains charger at the time.

I am not sure that this matters, but in the interest of disclosing everything - my BB 9900 actually failed during the restore part of the software upgraded when all was well in the world and I was just updating the software. I had to use bbask to wipe the OS on the partially updated/restored unit and I then ran loader again to ensure that there was a totally clean install of the new OS - and I then used the BB Desktop Manager to restore my previous backup - all that worked fine, and I then (thankfully) took another backup later in the day as well.

At least I know that the BB 9900 performed a full days work on the new OS without any issues... before it then died whilst in a mains charged state. I am not sure if I can blame the new OS, or if I have just been unlucky with a hardware failure.

It would be nice to know that some other 9900 users have updated to the latest software and got through a couple of days use without issue... who is going to be brave enough?
Offline   Reply With Quote