NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Experience With New Devices

Please Login to Remove!

A history:

I used BlackBerries in one form or another for many years. As a small business I was on the fringes of their target market so never received the best of customer service. But, their features kept me on board.

But, their service got worse and other companies changed and the entire environment changed. With BB10 on the horizon and my devices getting physically ratty I decided to buy some Playbooks to both test whether BlackBerry's claim to new, improved customer service was true and to explore tablets with an inexpensive device.

Ultimately, I found their customer service was poor at best. Without a forum such as this using BB was just too frustrating. Then BB10 came out with some holes that, in my opinion, were just inexcusable considering the company's long experience. The new devices were uninspiring to say the least. Time to go.

So, we decided to try Samsung S4 Actives and Note 8.0 tablets. Frankly, I am having a bear of a time getting used to touchscreens. But, ATT gave us Bluetooth keyboards, which we haven't used yet. I have some questions yet on security and malware protection. But, otherwise these are easy to use machines that make me happy we switched.

Their synching application, Samsung Kies, is no better than the BlackBerry product. In fact, in many respects it is worse. But, if a person decides to use either Samsung or Google 'Cloud" everything is seamless. So, guess they are just trying to promote their vision and products.

But, Tech Support is where Samsung is shining. Knowledgeable, Quick service to the general user is a hallmark. Today I was searching the Samsung web site for an answer. A Live Chat person popped up, unasked, to ask if I would like some help. Five minutes later I had the answer and the problem was solved.

BlackBerry name may come back. They still have a pretty substantial installed base and own some important stuff. But, it is going to need a major change in baseline philosophy. I hope they can do it. it would be nice to see a North American company back in the hunt.
Offline   Reply With Quote