Model: 8830
Carrier: BM
Default Re: Bell offers Internet Browsing Service for HTML browsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
Hey all,

Is this news to anyone? I came across the following:

http://www.businessonthego1.com/engl...webcard_r2.pdf

but I subscribe to MyBlackberry.us for MDS so I don't know what features I get from them (at $10USD/mnth) over what I could get from Bell (presumably for free...). I'd rather not fudge around with my service books to see who gives me what (atleast not until the weekend -- got a lot on the go this week).
Anyone know anything about this that could shed some light. And sorry if this is old news, I did a search and didn't come up with anything similar.
Thanks
hey spence,

no, it's not news to anyone.. unless you weren't aware that 4.0 came out for cdma BBs back in december.. it's one extra browser(that 4.0 was anticipated for), and it's sluggish, making it not so appealing after all.. the BES browser has been reported as a faster browser, so you're not missing all that much.. as for a substitute for MDS, no, TCP/IP stack is not available for CDMA carriers' BBs, so don't drop your MDS provider.. your apps like IMs and SSH clients will not work if you drop your MDS service...

i use the new browser only to download images to my BB for screensavers, etc.. or if i'm reallly stuck somewhere with nothing to do..