View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
rjd75
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Telus
Default The "Send As" Issue with Active Directory

Please Login to Remove!

I am experiencing a memory leak problem with my BES 4.0 server. I call RIM tech support and they told me it was a known problem and that I need to upgrade to Exchange SP2. When I do this I am going to encounter the problem that MS describes lately where you have to explicitly allow besadmin send as permissions for each bes user in order for mail forwarding to continue. However, the Microsoft documentation says that if the user is a member of the Domain admins group it will automatically revoke "send as" permissions. So it tells you to create an additional account for that user and give the original account send as permissions to the new account??? Confused yet? I know I am.. and when I called RIM for some more clarification they told me to call MS because it is an AD issue.. I said considering it is so closely related to their product they should probably have some answers for their customers, but I think my complaints were falling on deaf ears.. Has anyone here had to do this yet?? Here are the links to the RIM and MS articles.. If you are running Exchange you will encounter this sooner or later...

Apparently I can't post URLs because of my newbie status.. so just cut and paste these links and replace DOT

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...odeid=1166052&

support.microsoft.com/kb/912918/en-us

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by jibi; 06-06-2006 at 05:46 PM..