View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #25
nosidam
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
Surely using a headset is faster than repeating the conversation over and over and over again. ;) Why are you pairing the headset each time you use it? Pairing (and setting the headset to trusted) should be a one-time operation. My headset takes a coule of seconds to turn on and slip over my ear so I don't understand why it takes you so long... I personally don't have the same problems with my 8700c but if I did I'd probably just use my BT headset all the time.
I didn't mean pairing it each time, I just meant turning it on and waiting the 10 seconds for it to connect to the BB.

I have the Plantronics 510 and I love it. It works just fine on the street with very little sound issues. Because it's in-the-ear it's loud enough for me to hear it, and there are very few times that the other party complains. I mainly use the BT when I know that I'm going to be in a long conversation, and want to have use of both hands.

I guess my problem is that most of the time, my phone calls are relatively short and unexpected. I don't want to wear the BT all the time for various reasons (don't like the feeling of anything on/in my ear for extended periods of time, look like a borg, etc.), plus it's one more thing to carry around/recharge, etc., but of course, now that I am carrying a separate RAZR for phone, that argument is out the window.

I'll give the exchange unit a try, but with 20+ 8700c/g's all exhibiting the same thing, I'm not hopeful.