View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #17
BlackPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn
And what your doing is fanboy hating... marketing hype vs units sold the ipod filled a needed void and is an extreme hit... Men lie, women lie, but numbers dont.

So I guess the pet rock was a fantastic & useful device then? After all, it did sell a lot of units.
Not fanboy hating, I just have done plenty of research in this market, and have previously worked for a leading consumer electronics company dealing with audio & sound.
You say numbers don't lie, but the indication of a good device is not based soley on units sold. Maybe to the people whose pockets you've lined with cash it is, but as an independant free thinking consumer, I don't give 2 bits how many units sold.
I know that there are MUCH better MP3 players providing better functionality, greater compatibility, more storage space, higher sound quality, and for a fraction of the price of an iPod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy
Besides, there's so many MP3 players out there that people still like the iPods better.
People like owning an iPod, mainly due to the status symbol of it, and the term "iPod" being thrown around as the definitive term for an MP3 player (like Kleenex for tissue, and Band-Aid for bandages).

Obviously my comments will not influence many, faced with the multi-million dollar campaign Apple has thrown at you to convince you of their superiority.
If you actually want to think for yourself, and do some legitimate research in to the MP3 market, you'll see for yourself.
But hey, if you rely purely on commercials & print ads to dictate what you know & what you buy, then you're worse off than what I can help you with.