Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #36
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar
Personally, I didn't think the battery life on my Pearl was a problem. From my point of view this product sacrifices form factor to solve a non-problem. Others may have different usage patterns and power needs so maybe a bulge in their pocket is no big deal.

It sounds like it does solve a couple problems that matter to me:
1) Better speaker grill
2) Poor fit issue that causes the battery cover to open

The battery cover on my original Pearl came off almost every time I put it in my pocket. I took it back to TMobile and got a new one. The latch on my new one isn't great but the cover does not come off accidentally.

I would definitely purchase a new cover that has a better latch and provides better speaker sound. BUT, I will not sacrifice form factor to get it.
The phone with the extended battery does not really add that much of a "bulge." Although my pic with the ruler fails to show it, in inches the extension only adds 1/4th an inch to the thickness of the phone. That is not much.

As to the cover, I think I recall Seidio saying somewhere on BBF that they were thinking about or going to sell replacement covers for the standard size one that comes on the Pearl.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-21-2007 at 04:27 PM..