View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8800 Test drive, RETURNED

Please Login to Remove!

I'll keep this short and sweet. In the past, I've hopped back and forth between Verizon and cingular so I could always keep the most current blackberry yet also try to maintain the best service. I've been on Verizon ever since they came out with the 8703e and I've loved every second of it. They have the best service without a doubt. I switched to cingular last week, got a 8800 and have nothing but terrible things to say about the experience. First off, the phone is awesome. The new features(though small improvements) are great. It feels amazing in your hands, looks good, and its easy enough to adjust to the typing. I was even able to get a good feel for the pearl ball in a day. Here's where it gets sour. I dropped 20 or 30 calls on it the first day or two. In regular areas all over los angeles. This is simply unnaceptable, Cingular's service is straight up embarrasing and it's a complete lie to bill this device as anything more than a toy as long as its on cingular.
I've since returned it, switched back to verizon on my 8703 and am sooooo glad I didn't stick it out.

I hope none of you make the same mistake.
Evan