View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #17
PhilMax
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g

I had my 7100g a few days before our BES was up and running for a 30 day eval. At that time, I only had a WAP browser which was called "Browser" on the menus if I remember correctly. I never saw the term "Cingular Browser" anywhere on the handheld.

When we did Enterprise Activation, I then had the BlackBerry Browser, simply called "Browser" on the main page, and "mMode" (we are moving over corporately from AT&T voice plans and using the SIMs that were in the AT&T phones. I have been told this explains the use of "mMode", and AT&T carryover).

When we had to redo Enterprise Activation I lost my mMode/WAP browser which I got back by going into settings....host routing table...register now. I had tried resending the web client service book from BWC but that did not bring back the WAP browser. Now back, it no longer appears on the home page but on the applications page. THAT page shows both "BlackBerry Browser" and "mMode".

From the Main Page, if I click on "Browser", it takes me to BlackBerry Bookmarks; likewise if I click on "BlackBerry Browser" on the Applications Page. If I click on mMode on the Applications Page, it takes me to WAP Bookmarks. Since I have configured the BlackBerry Browser as my default browser, the convenience key also takes me to "BlackBerry Bookmarks".

I don't know if any of this info will help in any way.........