Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
j133yc

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Talking Sync 8800 using Pocketmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by agh98 View Post
For some reason, on my imac (running 10.4.8) running pocketmac and syncing my new 8800, pocketmac always hangs 3/4 of the way through syncing (on the message "synchronizing data"). Is this a known bug with the program?
I just read this post and found me in the same position as soon as I unpacked my 8800. I downloaded a copy of the 'latest' Pocketmac from Blackberry.com but was unable to sync between the device and the computer. I tried many times without success and I tried to look for support from www.pocketmac.net (the creator).

Just like what I normally do, I would try to find out what is the current version software they have but again, unable to find anything from their site... but I tried to look through 'gaps' and hope to find a different version (newer or older) than the one I downloaded from Blackberry directly.

The latest version from Blackberry is 4.0.20 and this is also what you will get if you click 'download' directly fron pocketmac.net. However, I discovered 4.0.17 from their 'screenshot' page and the link is still active and I downloaded a copy from it. The file size has somehow increased from 20Mb (4.0.20) to 24.3Mb (4.0.17).

Guess what?? It works!!!! Although a little unstable and I managed to crash my 'supposely' uncrashable Mac OSX once but it sync through my 8800 without problems now.

Give it a go and if you have any problem, let me know.

Jimmy
Powerbook G4 15.2 1.67Ghz 2GMb 100G, Mac OSX 10.4.9, BB8800