picapiedra
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
PIN: 23D107D1
Carrier: Cingular
Lightbulb Contacts xfers

Contacts? Possible.
All else will probably be lost.

You don't synch to Outlook or something like that? That is a very convenient way to have a backup.

I'm not sure if your provider may have a magic way of tranferring everything or not. It may be worth going in and talking to them about it. I was able to salvage a bunch of contacts from an antique phone when I switched to my 1st BB.

How many contacts are you talking? It is a very tedious process to use the SIM card, but possible. Also, SIM card is limited to 2 fields per contact, Name & Number. Sorry.

1) Copy your contacts to the SIM Phonebook. You have to open up each contact, scroll to the number, then click Copy to SIM Card, click save at confirm screen.*
2) After copleteing all copies, Swap the SIM card out of your old device into your new device.
3) This stage is easier, as there is an option in the SIM phonebook to copy ALL SIM contacts to you Contacts.

* - I would use your old SIM Card for step 1, even if they gave you a new SIM card with your new device. Reason being that deleting all contacts from the SIM card is a beotch. Just like adding them is. And you will want the SIM card space back since it competes with stored SMSs. So don't bother cluttering up your new SIM card if you dont have to.

And another thing, if your USB port is broken, you better try these options before your battery runs out!!!

Good luck!