View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #87
thought
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDummy View Post
I'm not 100% certain of this, but I think that 5 GB has always been the Verizon definition of "unlimited." Also, I'm fairly certain that putting a hard cap on so-called "unlimited" plans isn't uncommon amongst the major US carriers.
Correct...Actually, this is a step forward. All carriers place caps on their "unlimited" data plans...just read the fine print. The big difference is now Verizon let's people know exactly what that cap is, so there is greater transparency. This is exactly what consumer advocates have argued for...transparency and disclosure. Sure we'd like true unlimited service, but that's not to be at this point in time. The best we can hope for is what we now have with Verizon: the carrier makes us an honest offer, and we know exactly what that offer is.

Also, 5 GB is a huge amount of wireless downloading...most will never approach that....and certainly not with BB emails. 5GB is pretty much a huge amount of multimedia streaming.

So again, sure any limit in theory sucks...but this represents no change in actual policy.