Mathusulah

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default water damage - a warning for all

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All

This is just a query - or a warning.

I have a Pearl 8100 - or did till this morning - the keypad died, and I couldn't get it working so took it back to the shop - the assistant immediately informed me it was water damaged, because the indicator on the battery (next to the three copper connections) showed that the phone had been damaged by water.

As far as I am aware it has never been damp - or wet - other than being hit by a couple of raindrops as it was used in the rain.

The odd thing is that the keypad went dead a few weeks ago and then after removing the battery it came back - so I am not convinced.

However - vodafone will not repair or replace the handset for water damage - coincidentally! I did not take out the extortion they call insurance so it looks like I may have a problem getting a replacement - I will post when I know more.

Before you take your handset in to be checked, if it is not working - check the battery indicator - if it shows that it has had water damage the shop may refuse to repair it - regardless of the fault - it may be cheaper to get a spare battery that does not show damage!!

All the best

dave

Last edited by Mathusulah; 05-14-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote