View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
ivyesq
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Smile Verizon 8703e -- Big Problem Charging Via USB (FIXED)

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using Windows Vista Premium Edition.

When I plug in my 8703e into the USB port, the computer finds the driver but then gives the error message that the driver was found but could not be installed because "there is not enough storage space to complete the operation."

So, I read that there is a windows update for the device and I clicked on windows update. There was an update for the blackberry, but after downloading, the installation also fails and gives an error message.

Then I tried to download the usb driver straight from microsoft. I downloaded the driver and tried to update the driver through device manager. The computer recognizes the driver, but once again installation fails.

Under device manager 4.2 SP1, I could not detect the device either. I'm now downloading device manger SP2 to see if it helps.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so that I can charge my device via USB in Vista. I never had problems with XP with charging.

Last edited by ivyesq; 06-05-2007 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: PROBLEM FIXED -- SEE MY SOLUTION BELOW