View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #20
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

I get a chuckle as I went down all these roads after users INSISTED other devices work better, have more functionality blah blah and what are they all back using .. that's right .. a blackberry.

After the fancy gadget effect wears off people realize a majority of these devices are flaky if not outright not suited to be a business caliber mobile device. Microsoft is getting better but their devices are always a bit off .. the HTC series has been the closest I've used that is close to a Blackberry and don't even mention any flavour of Treo .. Palm is dead. It's sad because the Palm Professional way back in the mid 90's is what brought me into the mobility space.

When the NTP case was going on we took a long hard look at Good and it almost mimics the security BES offers, I think their device selection is spotty and not consistent, at least with BES - while the Blackberries might have a different look & feel they function the same and it's the same experience .. other companies need to focus on that, it's funny but if Apple gets their iphone working with corporate standards they could be a major player in the mobile market.