View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 06:59 AM   #727
Wuffy

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

finally found a support thread for this tool

Since a few days I am using BB Alerts and I have to say that I am pretty happy as it significantly improves the standard notification options provided by RIM.

However, I stumbled across a few glitches (I am using a 8310 curve):

- LED notification stops when device enables build-in security: e.g. Blackberry is in (unencrypted) standby mode. An email/SMS comes in and LED notification starts. But once the security timer encrypts the device, LED notification stops. Albeit LED notification works once the device is encrypted and an email comes in. Therefore I think the status change between encrypted/unencrypted is the source of this problem.

- Download via Handango.com does not work (see also this post). I had to contact the author to get an OTA download link. I am using the recent Desktop Manager software and as far as I know there are now new updates yet.

- Java exception error during startup. Had to start BB alerts manually after reboot.

- Last but not least: Documentation is not good at all. I had to figure out several things by trial and error. IMHO still room for improvement.

But as mentioned earlier: so far I am happy.

I was wondering if the you have any hints regarding issue #1.

Regards
Wuffy
Offline   Reply With Quote