View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 05:20 AM   #72
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Well I'm a little late to the dance here, so I'm gonna chime in!
As some on the Forum know, I went through a ton of Curves when they dropped. After more then a few with issues ranging from build quality to random resets, etc, I gave up and went back to the 8800.

But about two months ago I decided to give it another whirl, to my delight everything was great, no resets, no build quality issues, and greatly no dust!
However, about two weeks ago my trackball stopped working. So I had no choice but to do an exchange.

I called my at&t guy, and he said he'd have no problem exchanging it even though I was past 30 days. Sounds great right? NOT! After going through 2 units in the past week because of major, major Dust issues I think I'm Curved out! In Gregs defense, it's really annoying to look down and see a ton of dust.

Not just a spec either, but I'm talking the whole bottom right hand corners of both devices! And these are from the latest, most recent batches! I give up for now, my 8800 will do the job for the time being! That is until the HTC Kaiser (tytn 2) drops on at&t in a few weeks! Did I mention it has BlackBerry connect!

Sorry RIM, luv ya and all but some changes need to happen at your assembly plants if I'll ever spend $$$ on one of your devices again!
Offline   Reply With Quote