Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Correct, I do not have H@H and have connected and browsed on several wifi access points - works great. I even have UMA disabled via wifi (mobile network -> connection preference -> mobile network only) on my device, so I only have regular wifi browsing.
thanks for the insight. so let me get this straight: since the phone can access the internet via wifi, a data plan with tmo would not be necessary. essentially the same as an ipod touch (i know it's a bad word around here, i don't like it either....for comparison only, ok ?) where you set it up to access the network you want and you're set to surf. but then again, if you don't get a data plan with your bb, you don't get your instant email, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
I do believe that is the case - I received one call via UMA on my home network prior to disabling it. Other threads than this one have good information regarding this deal, though - don't take my word for it.
stupid question, but what does every1 mean by "UMA" ? if you don't have h@h, and you get a call while you're at home surfing the net on your wifi connection (on the bb of course), will the phone auto-switch to edge so you can receive the call ?
Offline   Reply With Quote