View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #34
Dawgfan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

Couldn't resist chiming in here.
I went from an 8800 to the iPhone that I received as a gift and while the internet experience on the iPhone is the best I have ever seen on a phone, the rest of the experience is pretty dern vanilla. Not only vanilla but maybe sugar-free vanilla.

What I am saying is that the iPhone does mobile phone, iPod, calendar, camera, sms, maps, basic email and basic internet apps like weather and stocks.

Other than the advantage of the GUI and the internet, the iPhone is alot of hype IMO. I cannot have 3P apps, no IM, no MMS, no copy/paste, etc. Did I mention no 3P apps?? What is up with that??

I am seriously considering selling my iPhone and going back to the BB (new Curve w/ GPS maybe) as I just cannot get over not being able to use apps like Jive Talk, Viigo or something as simple as a password manager. I would miss the nice internet experience but that really is about 10% of the time I spend with the iPhone.

I also have to admit that I am pretty ticked off that the iPhone is such a closed device and Apple is now dropping the hammer on modded iPhones. I personally refuse to have to MOD my phone to get what I want.

The decision is tough but knowing that I can get a new Curve AND a new Nano for what I can sell my iPhone for is pretty tempting. I actually don't use my iPhone as an iPod that much..