Old 10-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
rawk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
Hi All,

I have recently switched to Mac/Entourage from PC/Outlook. I have a problem with reading messages in my "Sent Items" folder that I have sent from my BB handheld.

These come out as garbled. Looking at the headers, this is possible because of the encoding that BB sends the messages at; so, for example:

Code:
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5
Received:  from IP ([IP]) by exchange-server.uk ([IP]) with Microsoft Exchange Server HTTP-DAV ; Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:51:09 +0000
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
X-rim-org-msg-ref-id: 766663389
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:51:21 +0100
Message-ID: <766663389-1190379102-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-1675720160-@bxe011.bisx.produk.on.blackberry>
X-MS-Has-Attach: 
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: 
Thread-Topic: Hello
Thread-Index: Acf8ThU0uWngp8MQQoGE9FUayRE7ew==
To: "recipient" <recipient@uk>
Reply-To: "me" <me@uk>

PCFET0NUWVBFIEhUTUwgUFVCTElDICItLy9XM0MvL0RURCBIVE1MIDMuMi8vRU4iPg0KPEhUTUw...etc...
Of particular relevance seems to be: Content-Type: text/html;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Perhaps Entourage can't deal with this properly.

Searching the forums reveals that others have had a problem with this in that some recipients cannot receive e-mails. However, I can't see a solution, and nobody seems to have posted about this issue in respect to "Sent Items" in Entourage.

Can anyone confirm if they also have this issue? Even better, any ideas on a solution?

Many thanks!
I am assuming that you are not on a BES, please correct me if I am wrong. I have not found a fix for the OWA setup through the BIS. If you switch the account to IMAP in the BIS everything should work as desired.
Offline   Reply With Quote