Old 11-03-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
tdawg00
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: 24aa7bfa
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I haven't been having as much problem with the 8320 as I did with the Pearl. I start out with about 20Mb free and it gets down to around 16 and hovers there. Are you sure it's not a 3rd party app not releasing memory properly? I got rid of BBWeather because it seemed to be a culprit.

That being said, I agree with you. RIM hasn't addressed bugs in the OS's very well in the last year. I've been somewhat disappointed in their OS releases. Bluetooth GPS has been a problem since 4.2.1 was introduced and it hasn't been fixed in any release of 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. And from what I've heard from sources close to RIM on it is that they don't really acknowledge a problem with the BT GPS issue. Memory leaks have plagued these devices since last September and they still go on today. It seems to me they could do a little better job.
Oddly I never had the problem with my Pearl and I had much more apps. I have infospace, gmail, viigo and opera mini on my 8320..... Same ones I had on my pearl all re downloaded and not copied. I am so glad I am meticulous about things because I wouldn't have found out til it was too late..... I am hoping 4.3 does something, but someone on another forums has said the memory leaks are present in the 4.3 os... :( I have yet to understand why I am only getting 52mb of memory minus whats loaded on the phone vs the Pearl 64 minus whats koaded on the phone.
Offline   Reply With Quote