View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #50
toemaytoe
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder33cat View Post
Have you tried uninstalling through the app loader? I've noticed that Mobipocket seems to be very messy during uninstall and install, such that I have multiple versions even in the app loader (which I cannot remove). That said (and knock on wood), I am not having any issues with the current version.
Yes, I have tried both ways. Often when I try to re-install, the app loader doesn't even have it showing in the install. It's just turned into a real mess and I'm pretty frustrated. If there was another ebook reader of any quality available I would go for it.
Interestingly, I am posting the issue on the mobipocket forum and they are working on it although I don't hear too much from them. It's been weeks and there are plenty of people who are running into the same or similar issue. I also wonder if it has anything to do with the recent upgrade to the latest OS for blackberry that I performed a few months ago. I didn't run into these kinds of issues prior to the upgrade. Things that make you go hmmmmmm....
Offline   Reply With Quote