View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #72
luc-mobile
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell View Post
You can get an OEM BB battery for the Curve for $15.... so in effect you can buy 3 additional batteries giving you a total usage time of 400% of the usage of the original battery, not 125% like Siedio is delivering.

People should stop paying $50 for a battery for their cellphone, manufacturers like this make a ton... they spend a tiny amount on R&D because it's just a copy of the OEM, and then mark up a $3 battery to $50 and people fall for it not realizing what a crappy deal it is.
Well, that was one harsh post, but I'll have to go along with it. I ordered a couple of OEM batteries and a double duty charger last week. I had been considering the Seidio 1500mAh battery, but I figured 200% power (two OEM batteries) for $30 was a much better deal than 125% for $45.

Of course that means I'll have to carry the phone and the extra battery around, but I don't need all that power for everyday use. I just need it on trips and field days, like the one I had recently, when I couldn't take all the pictures I wanted because the one battery I had was not enough. These batteries are small and thin enough, I won't mind carrying one around in my pocket or two in a bag/suitcase.
Offline   Reply With Quote