Old 07-22-2005, 07:17 AM   #6
Talldog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy
RE: Talldog

You are 100% right, we did have a major hole to fill with no Notes nor Groupwise support and with the acquisition of JP Mobile, hopefully we will have that hole filled very soon. However, I could counter that argument with the fact that Blackberry has no support for the three (or 4) major wireless operating systems, at least in the US and limited support outside the US.
Alright, I'll counter your counter by noting that I work for a very large enterprise that has both Exchange and Domino (with thousands of users on each platform). It was a lot easier for us to standardize on a single handheld OS for wireless email than it would be to convert our Notes users to Exchange. Since for most companies, secure email and PIM are the "killer apps", the need to support multiple handheld operating systems is not yet a front burner issue, hence RIM's market leading position.

But here's a serious question. Are you planning to use this acquisition to integrate JP Mobile's technology into Goodlink, or are you going to offer two separate products?