View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
underskybb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
It is not redundant, at all. It is quite a thoughtful review.

I think the Curve has better video than the 8800, playing full screen, for one thing.

i think your review proves one big point--that RIM is staying true to its origin as an dependable email machine. Their expansion into the consumer markets has been slower than some new users would desire, but ithat movement has been slow and steady, at least.

The one area missing from your review might be security.
Thanks, I was worrying you would tell me that there is no more keyboard short cut. One thing I notice in 83xx is the usage of old 8700 battery. Do you think these batteries are outdated? I find the green battery in 88xx lasting longer than 87xx, but I might be wrong.

Speaking of RIM market, it still the best selling smart phone with iPhone being #2. I really don't worry about its consumer market, because I believe in the quality of its product. I think people will gradually realize when they have hand on experiences with both iPhone and BB. With iPhone, it attracts customers really well, but people generally find gaping holes in its function. With BB, it's more of a steady growing love as they discover how intuitive and reliable RIM's technology offers over a long period of time.