View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
eddieb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

As someone else mentioned here, I have also seen a few other threads talking about random calls placed, so I think it is a problem - as strange as it may be. Locking my phone with a password i don't think will do anything because I am convinced these calls were never really placed.

Two reasons. First, what 3 of these calls did to the custom ringtones of those contact records isn't explained by that. Nor are the bogus phone numbers in the call record. Second, upon further review, two of the calls were actually calls placed TO my phone. One supposedly came from the number you call a drugstore to automatically renew prescriptions. You can't get a human on this phone number. I haven't called this number in over two years and it's never called me.

It's pretty obvious these calls were never made and it's some kind of bug. I didn't think anyone would have an answer to this problem due to its weirdness, but I thought it was worth a try. It's easy enough to live with if it happens again. If I figure anything out on this, I'll let everyone know. Thanks for your responses.
Offline   Reply With Quote